Health and safety training is essential in every workplace. Every year, workplace accidents, injuries, and the absence of a safety culture cost corporations and other organizations millions of dollars and contribute to lost work hours. These incidents also have a profound impact on workers and their families. With this comprehensive courseware, trainers will introduce the concept of a safety culture, where safety is valued as an integral part of an organization’s operation, along with providing the foundation to start building an effective safety culture.
In this course, participants will learn about:
- The difference between a safety program and a safety culture
- How to launch a safety committee
- How to identify hazards and reduce them
- Hiring measures that can improve safety
- How to identify groups with an increased risk of injury, and how to protect them
- How to write, implement, and review a safety plan
- How to respond to incidents and near misses
- The basics of accident investigation and documentation
Safety in the Workplace is a comprehensive training materials package that can easily be downloaded and customized. Courseware customization could include adding a section on safety legislation for your particular region and industry.